I began playing piano for weddings when I was in high school and over the years my repertoire has grown to include music in the genres of classical, hymns, folk, swing, Broadway, and today’s popular hits. I enjoy working with a bride and groom to compile a musical package that best fits their personal wedding style. I love taking a couple’s favorite songs and arranging them for solo piano to make their wedding extra special.
For a typical wedding ceremony, I will…
- Attend and participate in the wedding rehearsal.
- Prepare a 30 min. prelude to play as guests are seated for the wedding ceremony.
- Perform the Processional and Entrance of the Bride music.
- Accompany or play for ceremony music.
- Perform the Recessional.
- Prepare a postlude that will last until the guests have departed from the ceremony location.
Besides weddings, I also have experience playing for restaurants, banquets, dinner parties, and art centers. Whether your event is large or small, I will do my best to create a warm and inviting atmosphere with my piano music.
Rates vary according to event and location. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for an estimate specific to your event. For venues that don’t have a suitable instrument, I can bring my own high-quality 88-key electric keyboard.